Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thomas Clan Update

For starters we have won our battle with USCIS a.k.a immigration…Pesta has been changed to Desta! Thank you Congressmen Flake! After months and months of getting the run around we sought the help of our Congressmen and with in 2 months the problem was dealt with….we are so grateful! Now we can start the process of re-adoption in AZ, making Garrett not only Garrett Desta Thomas, but also a citizen of the USA! Lets just say the adoption process is a LONG one! But we are excited to see the finish line.

Scott is back to coaching, which is exciting for him but makes our already hectic schedules even more insane. School is going well, but I am definetely feeling the pressure. I have a meeting on Wed. to figure out my last year of classes, and to be placed for my practicum hours! I am truthfully really nervous….I shouldn’t be I have been in school now for almost 6 years, but the thought of actually working with precious lives kind of freaks me out!

Reagan is doing great! I can’t believe in a few short months she will be 3. She is all about clothes, whether it be dressing herself or playing dress up. Most days she sport a tutu over her pants and insists on wearing her plastic pink heals! I am not the most girly girl but I love that she is….its so darn cute!

Garrett is 20 months; we are having fun tossing ideas around about his 1st birthday with us….any ideas? He is like a totally new kid now that he has tubes in his ears, he can say like 20 words now! Such an improvement from the grunts he did pre-tubes. And he can run now….it may sound funny but these are huge milestones for our little man!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That is so exciting about USCIS!!! YEAH!! Can't wait for the re-adoption :)

Krisann said...

Yay! New background!