In case you are interested……
Julie posted about waste not want not, so I thought I would give a few of my tips on wasting less and doing more to help the environment.
Using towels instead of paper: I got a bunch small white towels that we use for everything, from cleaning up the kids to cleaning the house. I just bleach them once a week and reuse them.
I make my own cleaning products (I turned into a tree hugger I know!)
All purpose cleaner: 1 part vinegar to 1 part water and 8 drops of lemon essential oil.
(I put it in a spray bottle for easy use)
Toilet cleaner: Sprinkle baking soda around the edge of the toilet bowl and then add 1
Cup of vinegar. It foams up then just scrub as usual!
Floor cleaner: 2 parts water to 1 part vinegar. And mop away!
Glass cleaner: On a damp rag (old cloth diapers work the best) pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol and clean mirrors or any class surface…..I think it works better than Windex!
• They sell essential oil at sprouts and trader Joes.
• The vinegar smell is only there until the surface dries then it absorbs any odors on the surface and goes away, so your house will smell like vinegar for maybe and hour at the most then it will smell like whatever essential oil you mixed in your cleaner.
I also use cloth diapers….It took some getting used to but now I love it! I don’t have to buy diapers and I really like knowing that I am not putting thousands of diapers in the landfill. If your interested let me know and I can just send you info. Its a lot to post.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting this stuff! (you cute little tree hugger)
Post a Comment