-Disclaimer-
I am posting parts of my journal so beware some parts will be brutally honest! :)
We were up before the alarm went off at 5am…. packed ready to head for the airport. We are both to tired to even realize the magnitude of the day. The trip was uneventful we made it to Amsterdam…. only one more flight before we arrive in Ethiopia! The flight was going smoothly until the pilot came on and said we are making a stop in Khartum. I turned to Scott and said, “Did I hear that right? Are we landing in Sudan?” Not really a good place to be at the moment, I said a quick prayer and tried to dismiss it. After 2 hours on the landing strip, the plane was ready to take off again…. can I just say praise the Lord!!! I am generally not the worrying type when it comes to travel, but being there made me a little nervous, especially when the view out the window was a bunch of men holding AK-47s. An hour later we landed in Ethiopia only 27 hours after we left AZ :)I had to hold back tears of relief and joy as we stood in line for our visas! I couldn’t believe it…we were finally here! We got our visas and gathered our bags and made our way to find our driver Solomon. After loading the car we drove to the guesthouse, an experience that was rather terrifying…they drive crazy and fast! Upon arrival we were greeted by 3 other families all staying at the guesthouse, they fed us and filled us in on the day-to-day routine we would have while in Ethiopia. (Thanks guys…. you seriously made us feel instantly comfortable!) It was 11pm and the jet lag was setting in so Scott and I made our way to bed, although we dosed in and out of sleep thoughts of meeting our son the next day raced through our heads…..needless to say we didn’t get much rest.
Guest House

Common Area



2 comments:
So cool! Can't wait to hear (and see) more!
Hi again Amber!
Can you email me offline again? elyons3683@msn.com. Now I think I know you because you're in AZ and WE are in AZ. Who knows. All I know is that your husband is so familiar to me. I'd love to know your last name! From the picture, I'm assuming you are in Flagstaff, which is where we are a LOT (my in-laws are there).
Liz
Post a Comment