Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lunch with Jesus....

So the other day I am sitting at the table trying to wake up while the kids eat their breakfast....and out of the silence comes Reagan's sweet little voice with this statement "Mama I am goin to eat lunch with Jesus today!"
This is the conversation that followed:

Me: Well sweetie, remember how we talked about Jesus living in heaven with God.
(For all you theologians out there…. please keep in mind that I am trying to explain this to a 2 yr old.)
Reagan: Ummm yes, I am goin to heaven for lunch!
Me: Well we can’t go to heaven for lunch, (trying so hard not to explain the whole death part of heaven) heaven is far away and it’s a special place you can only go to once.
Reagan: Is it in San Diego?
Me: No its not on the earth…..
Reagan: Is it in Ethiopia?
Me: **Deep Breath** Reagan you know how God made the whole earth and everything in it…well he made a special place called heaven too. Cue the thousand questions!
Reagan: God made my meat? (She was eating sausage) God made my fish? God made my grass? God made Cows, horses…. etc.
Me: Nodding yes to the long list of God made…. questions.
Reagan: God made me?
Me: Yes he did
Reagan: I talk to Jesus in prayers?
Me: Yes you can talk to him any time you want!
Reagan: How about lunch?
Me: Yes we can talk to Jesus at lunch
Reagan: Ok…Dear Jesus…. A-nem! (Amen)

I have to admit I had my first parental panic as to how to answer these deep questions in a way that she would get…. I think I did ok. And I just love that my sweet little girl wants to have lunch with Jesus…. it was definitely a proud mama moment!

1 comment:

Jessica and Deric MIller said...

What a precious conversation! I love when kids talk about Jesus, it always makes me smile!!