So Reagan hasn't been feeling well she had a runny nose and a cough. Well being what seemed to be just a cold I thought nothing of it....until about 8pm last night when she started having a high pitched weird screaming sound and a horrible cough. Even still I thought to myself no biggie just a cold. And then 11pm hit and she was having trouble breathing, to which I am proud to say I remained quite calm and called the Doc and looked up her symtoms. I figured it was croup so scott took her outside (the cold air is supose to help) When it didn't our Doc told us to go to the ER. I was still calm but getting more freaked as Reagan was having a harder time catching her breath.
So it was croup... a dose of steroids and a popsicle later she was doing much better! I really do have a new found appreciation for medicine and medical professionals! As we were driving home Scott and me laughed because we realized this is just the beginning of the scary moments of parenting. Hopefully they will all just be moments that are easily remedied....but it was also a great reminder that God is in control; and trusting that He will take care of our little ones is all we can really do! I am greatful for the small reminders of His care for the ones He loves :)I also love how amazing kids are, Reagan is totally fine and even with very little sleep she is still just as playful and joyous as ever! I wish I still had even a 1/4 of her energy :)

3 comments:
Oh goodness! Poor Reagan... this is EXACTLY what happened to Noah two weeks ago (tiny cold, wakes up barking and gasping, trip to ER, injection, much better). His cough is finally going away. It is so scary when they make that noise in the middle of the night. Good for you for staying calm. I hope she gets better really soon!
Yes, trusting and wiping their nose over and over and over :) Isaac is sick too - Feel better Reagan!
There is a lot of yucky stuff going around - Aaron has been really sick too with cough, runny nose, and fever... His breathing has never been too scary like that though. Feel better Reagan and you guys get some sleep too =)
Post a Comment